Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sample Blog Welcome Message

An Iranian

Mahmoud, a student of Communication Science at the University of Bologna, describes his experience before and after his departure from his country.

- Nik, we start with the name you prefer not to be named Mahmoud, right?

course. My full name is an Arabic name and Muslim. My mother tongue is Persian and not even recognize the Muslim religion does not recognize myself in this exact name.

- Tell us about your life in Tehran.

life I was a boy from the middle class. I graduated in English literature. I was a reporter for a television network in English of the propaganda machine of the regime: it was the only way to practice this profession. Of course, you lived a double life, and you had to say what they wanted. Fortunately, that few knew more English!

- When did you leave Iran and what led you to this choice?

August 28, 2001. Because I wanted to be free to think and live and not risk being arrested by the moral police every time he walked with a person of the opposite sex!

- Why did you choose Italy?

I was born in Rome. I already knew the language. I wanted to get citizenship and see what I was lost.

- How do you find in our country?
It 's very annoying to have to ask permission to stay in the country where you were born! The rest is fine.

- And in Bologna?

is a beautiful city with the right size for someone who comes from outside, among other things, full of Erasmus students, which make them very international and cosmopolitan. On the other hand, there is plenty of free anti-Americanism and what I call "belly full of pacifism" that are so fashionable these days in academia.

- Can you describe your typical day? The conduct of
My day depends very much on the period: now I miss three exams to graduate, so rarely that you attend a class, unless it is a course that I like and I could not attend in the past. During periods of teaching English in the afternoon, or sometimes I go in our department or at the central hall of the University for checking email and surfing the Web. In the evening I meet with friends, sometimes we go to the center of Bologna for an aperitif. Every so often, alone or with a friend, go swimming. In short, there's just a typical day!

- As it considers the cost of living in this country? You need to work hard to pay you study?

the media. The university is cheaper than Anglo-Saxon countries, but more than Germany or the Scandinavian countries, where they are almost free. I am lucky because I'm the English teacher or other work related to this language. The problem is that when you have more work, even if you agree when you do not need, because you do not know what may happen tomorrow ... So often end up studying to be a worker rather than vice versa.

- What do you think are the job prospects after graduation?

My course, Communication Sciences, at least in Bologna is very wide and dispersed: it deals with many fields and disciplines, often interesting, but almost never in depth. In addition, it has a very theoretical approach which is why I fear that such preparation is not sufficient and therefore I am informing to enroll in a graduate program specializing really, such as International Relations.

- What courses of your faculty to recommend those who plan to study in Bologna?

depends on what you want to do. If you want to work, starting from the base of knowledge provided by my undergraduate degree, the step is not immediate: often all these beautiful humanistic knowledge does not necessarily lead to the acquisition of skills and capacity to do work. Must invest time and money, in parallel to learn a language, or acquire practical experience. In our course, as I mentioned, is "studying" to become the advertising without advertising, is "studying" to become web designers without web sites, you "studied" journalism without him, and so on. Sometimes, I get the impression that it is necessary to have eight thousand euro and then make a master practical, otherwise you may find many beautiful things without doing anything!

- What would you change your university and what do you think is a strength?

The difference is, as I said, the lack of practical approaches to the study. A strength is the presence of so many agreements and exchange programs, even for short periods and therefore not only Erasmus (which remains the ideal case), giving the opportunity to expand their horizons and experiences abroad.

- If I had the chance, return to Iran?

Manco dead!

- What do you think the Western culture?

Western culture is one that welcomes everyone from all over the world and gives opportunities for personal development to become "one of them", and is so good, feel-good indeed, which means that we should bow to his house to fulfill the wishes and whims and imaginary "Rights" often discuss the latest arrivals, who are not as open with respect to those who welcome!

- you have a dream for your future? And for the future of your country?

My short-term dream is to get rid of the label "extra-community." And then I want to go into politics or political journalism and I'm passionate because I see that there is such need. For Iran, of course I hope in the emergence of a democracy: that is why I believe that the path taken from Afghanistan and Iraq to the freedom of nations can give hope and inspiration to other Islamic peoples.

0 comments:

Post a Comment